Seems that y’all’s favorite liberals are citing white supremacist websites, all in the name of red-baiting and commie-punching. It would be funnier if I did not know that there were a ton of people falling for it on Twitter already. Just one more example of why I left the medium.
- What is it with Republicans and their inability to pay taxes?
- Genevieve Cato writes at Burnt Orange Report about the plan by State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte (D-San Antonio), the Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor, to fund a community college where tuition would be fully subsidized by the state. Being a former attendee of a community college, I know the value that they bring to low-income students and students of color. I hope she wins for many reasons, but this one just shot to the top of my list.
- Michael Brown was shot six times, including twice in the head, according to The New York Times. This kid was essentially the victim of a public execution. Ugh. It makes me wanna retch just thinking about it. Gov. Jay Nixon has now called out the Missouri National Guard to keep the peace in Ferguson, Missouri.
- The BBC reports that a convoy of refugees was hit by a rocket, killing many. Both the rebels and the government blame each other for the incident, in a bloody escalation of a crisis that seems to be without end.
- The Guardian breaks down the universal credit, which is the brainchild of Welfare and Pensions Minister Iain Duncan Smith, who is also a former chair of the Conservative Party. This is the Coalition’s attempt at welfare reform, and any account you read about it shows that it is going about as horribly as one might expect.